By downloading, browsing, accessing or using this Padalapp mobile application (“App”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. If you disagree with any of these Terms and Conditions, you must immediately discontinue your access to and use of the App. Continued use of the App will constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, as may be amended from time to time. The revised Terms and Conditions will be posted on the App and shall take effect from the date of such posting. You are advised to review these Terms and Conditions periodically as they are binding upon you.
Usage of the App
- We have made this App available to you for your own use only and only for the purposes of facilitating your consented participation in the Labeled Remittance research project (“Project”) implemented by IPA Philippines (“we”, “us”, “our”). The App is only available for participants officially enrolled in the Project.
- To be able to use this App, you will have to register an account (“Account”). Your Account should only be used by you. You represent that all information you provide upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- You may not use the App for any illegal or unauthorized purposes. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of the App.
- We reserve the right to refuse, suspend and terminate access to the App to anyone at any time for any reason, including without limitation:
- You use (or anyone other than you, with your permission uses) the App in contravention of these Terms and Conditions;
- You are disqualified from participating in the Project.
- Your access to the App may also be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities. We will attempt to restore such access as soon as we reasonably can.
- You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the App.
- Any data (including without limitation, photos, contact information, banking information, survey responses) that you submit to the App (hereinafter referred to as Disclosures) is stored in encrypted cloud database and transmitted via encrypted APIs.
- We will be free to use and disclose any Disclosures on an unrestricted basis without notifying or compensating you. You release us from all liability and obligations that may arise from the receipt, review, use, or disclosure of any portion of any Disclosures. Any physical materials you submit to us will become our property and we will have no obligation to return those materials to you or to certify their destruction.
- Any data that you submit to the App will only be accessible to those on a “need to know” basis for purposes of conducting the Project and will only be used for non-commercial purposes.
- You are responsible for keeping your Account password secret and secure.
- You are responsible for keeping secure the device on which you operate this App and the Internet with which you use this App.
Disclaimer of warranties
- The App is provided on an "as is, as available" basis. To the fullest extent permissible by law, we do not make any representations or warranties or endorsements of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, as to: (1) the App; (2) the content on the App; (3) the services provided by the App.
- We do not represent or warrant that the App will be error-free or uninterrupted; that defects will be corrected; or that the App or the server that makes the App available is free from any harmful components, including without limitation, viruses. You acknowledge that your use of the App is at your sole risk.
Limitation of liability
- Under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any loss or damages of any kind that are directly or indirectly related to (1) the App; (2) the content on the App; (3) the services provided by the App; (4) your use of, inability to use, or the performance of the App; (4) any errors or omissions in the App’s operation.
- We will use reasonable endeavors to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. However, we do not guarantee that the Services or the App will be free of faults, and we do not accept liability for any such faults, errors or omissions.
- You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any claim, action, suit or proceeding brought or threatened to be brought against us which is caused by or arising out of (a) your use of the App, (b) any other party’s use of the App using your user ID, verification PIN and/or any identifier number allocated by us, and/or (c) your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions, and to pay us damages, costs and interest in connection with such claim, action, suit or proceeding.
Intellectual property rights
- All editorial content, information, photographs, illustrations, artwork and other graphic materials, and Padalapps, logos and trade marks on the App are protected by copyright laws and/or other laws and/or international treaties, and belong to us. These works, logos, graphics, sounds or images may not be copied, reproduced, retransmitted, distributed, disseminated, sold, published, broadcasted or circulated whether in whole or in part, unless expressly permitted by us and/or our suppliers, as the case may be.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
- The App can be accessed from all countries around the world where the local technology permits. As each of these places have differing laws, by accessing the App both you and we agree that the laws of the United States, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to the use of the Mobile Application.
- You accept and agree that both you and we shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States, in respect of any dispute arising out of and/or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.